- David Glickman - Lambert International. During WW2 9 year old virtuoso
violinist David was rescued from the Nazis by Gurdjief's group and brought
to Frank Lloyd Wright's house in Chicago where he was raised and given
an education in medicine and law. He moved to Bangkok at the start of
the 70's, qualified as an attorney for the Thai Bar, married, became
fluent in Thai,and started a gem business. His son is taking it into
the second generation. This is a 100% trustworthy company to deal with
(by mail or in person) when purchasing gemstones of any kind. 807 Silom
Rd. Bangkok, Thailand. web:www.americans-in-bangkok.com
- Peter Brusaschi - firstname.lastname@example.org,
or check out his fantastic website, with the most comprehensive information
you'll find anywhere on opal & how it's produced, on www.opalmine.com
- GIA (Gemological Institute of America) www.gia.edu/gandg will get
you their magazine "Gems & Gemology". Their address is
5345 Armada Dr., Carlsbad, CA 92008 and
www.gia.edu will reach them. The "Bible" of the gem industry.
- Kuranda Homepage - email@example.com
- find out more about this wet tropics World Heritage paradise. A town
revitalised in the early 1970's by a bunch of dope smoking hippys, now
a major international tourist destination.
- Diamond Pacific, Barstow, California (1-800-253 1030)email: diamondpacific.com
We have 2 of their Genie machines, the oldest one's 24 years old &
still going strong.
- Imahashi Mfg.Co.Ltd. makes the ultra-sonic driller we use to make
the holes in our beads. Ms.K.Nazuka handles all the orders, but will
be retiring next year. One of the world's top manufacturers of lapidary
and related equipment. 533 Hino, Hino-shi, Tokyo, Japan
- Queensland Government Department of Natural Resources and Mines -
- for those of you rockhounds who might be considering a walk around
the Queensland gemfields.
- Delarue opals - Australian opals and opal
jewelry direct from the mines | The largest choice of cut and
rough Australian opals and opal jewelry on the net, and the
lowest prices.We accept PayPal. Worldwide shipping by insured
Air Mail. – 204 Victoria St Cardwell Qld 4849 – Phone: 07 40668140
- SKYRAIL - www.skyrail.com.au
- a tree-tops way to get to Kuranda. You'll be able to look down and
see the Kuranda Queen cruising the Barron River as you arrive in Kuranda.
You can take this 45 minute World Heritage cruise by turning right when
you exit the Skyrail terminal.
- Tjapukai Dance Theatre - www.tjapukai.com.au
- located at the foot of the Kuranda Range next to Skyrail, you can
see the local Kuranda Aborigine boys and girls strut their traditional
stuff. They'll even show you how to throw a boomerang without decapitating
- Kuranda Rainforest Tours - firstname.lastname@example.org
- host of the Kuranda Queen, Queensland's highest altitude riverboat
cruise. See the World Heritage rainforest up close and personal, as
well as the odd crocodile, cormorant, and eagle. If you travel to Kuranda
by Skyrail or train, just turn right when you exit the terminal or station
to board the riverboat.
- Australian Jewellers Supply - email@example.com
- what would we do without them? A great company and nice bunch of folks
who can supply you with or help you access anything you need as a jeweler.
- Fire Mountain - www.firemountaingems.com
- a nice (and very professional) bunch of guys & girls in Oregon,
USA, who provide us with everything we need that has to do with beads.
- K.J.Thompson Holdings1908 Sandgate Rd., Virginia, Queensland 4014
Australia kjeng.com.au phone:
07 3865 4420 The local distributor for Diamond Pacific products, as
well as manufacturing their own top quality lapidary equipment. The
big saw we use was made by them over 20 years ago, and we've never had
a problem with it.
- Owsley Stanley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not only is Bear an accomplished sculptor, but also a master of cloissone
enameling. He examines his finished pieces with a 10x power jeweler's
loupe for any flaws or bubbles. This is the same attitude towards quality
that Bear brings to all of his works. His classic cloisonne of the Grateful
Deads' lightning bolt/skull is a benchmark in modern jewelery. Being
well traveled, he also has the answer to almost every question on the
planet. He likes the Koroit & Yowah material and the pictures and
patterns that seem to be enameled into the rock, and sometimes uses
it in the production of his pieces.
- High Times Magazine - www.hightimes.com
- the difinitive publication in literary dopology.
- Queensland Railways - www.traveltrain.com.au
- a 90 minute journey from Cairns to Kuranda, winding up the steep face
of the World Heritage Barron Gorge. A great trip. When you arrive at
the Kuranda station, turn right to cruise the Barron River, or walk
the riverfront loop into town.
- How to Grow Legal Marijuana - you've got to check this out! highgrow.us/index.html
- Sunrise Opals has a great selection of stones. Visit their site at:
- Skye's Gems and Minerals: a neat site that deals a lot with unusual
materials from all over, but features some good stuff from Mexico and
South America. www.skyesgems.com
- Opals-opals: is a multilisting of some good opal sites run by webmaster
Ben Alex. Some good stuff here: Australian
opals and black opal jewelry from Opals Guaranteed.
- Precious Pebbles: a good site for rough material from America and
the world www.precious-pebbles.com
- Opals Downunder: They have almost 40 years experience in the opal
industry ...mining, cutting, wholesale & retail dealing in boulder opal
and black opal. www.opalsdownunder.com.au
- Internet Opals
An outstanding and unique opal site in Coober Pedy, South Australia,
that brings beautiful opals, opal rings, opal jewelry and opal rough
direct from the opal miner to you.
- Jewelry5.com A large link collection
to help you find just what you're looking for
- Meteorites Plus A member
of the International Meteorite Collectors Association and every Meteorite
for Sale is guaranteed to be authentic.